Whenever you use this website, a variety of personal information is collected. Personal data comprises data that can be used to personally identify you. The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name, your contact details and demographic information, such as your postcode
- information you provide to us through our booking system and intake forms
- your credit card details you use to book our services
- details of services you have enquired about, and our response to you
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, search queries and browsing behaviour
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and accounts from which you permit us to collect information.
We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information through cookies, server log files, our contact form, our intake and booking forms and any requests by email or telephone.
The information is collected for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our services
- to contact and communicate with you
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms in a way that is technically error free
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes
- for business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
This website uses analysis tools provided by GoogleAnalytics and the WordPress tool called Stats in order to statistically analyse user access information and understand how our customers use the Site.
This website uses the services of MailChimp to send out its newsletters. MailChimp also allows us to analyse the performance of our newsletter campaigns through web beacons.
Additionally, when you book a session or a workshop through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
We use third-party applications to process bookings and you can view the privacy policies of our booking processing vendors here.
We may disclose personal information to these third parties, including parties that store data outside of Australia. By providing us with personal information, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to third parties who reside outside Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that those third parties comply with Australian privacy laws.
Cookies and web beacons
Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally identifiable information. However, they do allow third parties, such as Google and Facebook, to cause our advertisements to appear on your social media and online media feeds as part of our retargeting campaigns. If and when you choose to provide our Site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
This website will not collect sensitive personal information, however health information may be collected while providing our therapy services. These will be treated in accordance with the Psychotherapy and Counselling Federation of Australia’s Code of Ethics.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
Access: You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Aletheia Therapy and Mandala ABN 58 368 515 510
Last update: 22 July 2019